Problem trying to install travelguide.

• I've got a Medion P4410 a short time ago.

I've erased my flash rom and installed the R23 Rom (see download section). But after installing the new rom, is it impossible to install the travelguide application. I've tried many things (installing the .cab files on a wm6 device and copying the program files to the program files folder of the P4410.

In the manual provided on the DVD they say that you have to put the .cab files in the '4' folder on the storage card, but nothing happens... I only see the message: Please insert a storage card :(

Please Help!

• You're asking the top-one-question regarding the theme flashing! :))

You've to install GoPal at first (it has been erased during the flash action)! Go to the GoPal-Wiki for further infos (quick-setup), please.

• I've installed GoPal assistant on my pc for a week. I've exchanged sotware and maps with the PC application, but nothing happens. Do you mean that I've to install GoPal on my device too? I've looked in the GoPal-WiKi -section but doesn't understand which application I need to restore the device to the state when I bought it. I don't understand what the Automatic Settings Upholder (ASU) means.... :smt009

• Zitat von W.A Wisse

I've installed GoPal assistant on my pc for a week. I've exchanged sotware and maps with the PC application, but nothing happens. Do you mean that I've to install GoPal on my device too?

Why too? You had your PNA flashed and this erased the GoPal. Check the content of your \My Flash Disk, it must be empty right now. ;)

Zitat

I've looked in the GoPal-WiKi -section but doesn't understand which application I need to restore the device to the state when I bought it. I don't understand what the Automatic Settings Upholder (ASU) means.... :smt009

Look here for the manual setup procedure: http://www.wiki.gopal-navigato…le=GoPal_4.x_Installation If you're familiar with the Assi (and don't understand the german HowTo), take that way.

• Many thanks for your help.

I've read more on the internet and I've seen that my medion box only contains three DVD's/CD's. The 'recovery cd' for my device (which contains the Gopal 4 navigator) is missing. I'm searching for a solution and maybe I contact Medion this week.

• Well, most of the bundles contain 1 DVD and 2 CDs. Is there no \Installation folder on your discs, containing several 'numeric' folders like here: KlickMe?

• Remember, you've got a PNA and not a PDA, only the important libaries for running the Navi-Soft are included in the OS. It's a core not a fully WM-OS.

So, bad luck but a chance, to upgrade to a higher GoPal-Version via eBay (but be careful, only look for the original CDs/DVD, not for SD-cards.

• Monika

Hat das Label [GoPal 4.x] hinzugefügt.